Honey Nut Brie Recipe
By July 29, 2012
- Yield: 12-15 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place round Brie cheese in a shallow baking dish or pie plate, greased. Set aside.
- Meanwhile in saucepan: melt butter, add brown sugar, cinnamon and honey stir together. Add nuts. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly, bringing to bubbly and hot.
- Pour evenly over brie cheese. Bake 350 degrees for 10 minutes or when brie is melted completely inside. Slice brie open so the cheese oozes out.
- Serve with sliced apples and cinnamon graham crackers broken in medium pieces.
Pumpkin Pie Cake Recipe
By July 22, 2012
- Yield: 16 slices (16 Servings)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare cake, coat 2 (8-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray. Dust pans evenly with 2 tablespoons flour.
- Combine 1 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, and oil in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed 2 minutes or until well blended. Add egg substitute and eggs; beat until well blended. Add pumpkin, beating until blended.
- Lightly spoon 2 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, and next 3 ingredients (through salt) in a medium bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, beating just until blended. Spoon batter into prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove cake from pans; cool completely on wire rack.
- To prepare frosting, beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed until creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until blended (do not overbeat). Add juice, stirring until blended.
- Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate. Spread 1 cup frosting over layer, and top with remaining cake layer. Spread remaining frosting over top of cake. Sprinkle with pecans, and garnish with orange slices, if desired.
Pumpkin-pie spice is a combination of warm spices: cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, and mace. Use it to enliven applesauce, vanilla ice cream, or tea.