Bailey’s Chocolate Mousse Pie Recipe
By July 22, 2012Published:
- Yield: 1 pie (8-10 Servings)
- Prep: 45 mins
- 1 pie crust
- 1/4 ounces unflavored gelatin 1 envelope
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup Baileys Irish Cream you can use 2/3 cup if it's too strong for your taste
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips dark chocolate works well too
- 8 ounces Cool Whip 1 container, frozen
- In saucepan, sprinkle unflavored gelatine over milk. Let stand about 1 minute. Stir over low heat until gelatine is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Add chocolate and continue cooking, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted: stir in vanilla.
- Remove from heat and stir occasionally, adding Bailey's about five minutes after removal from heat. When mixture forms mounds when dropped from spoon (this may take quite awhile to happen- don't give up), fold in whipped topping.
- Turn into crust. Garnish with more whipped topping (or real whipped cream, later, by preference) and strawberries (if desired).
- Chill at least 4 hours before serving.