Chicken Empanadas Recipe
By July 29, 2012Published:
- Yield: 30 empanadas (15 Servings)
- Prep: 60 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 mins
- 3 cups chicken cooked, chopped
- 8 ounces shredded Colby and Monterey Jack cheese blend 1 package
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 15 ounces refrigerated pie crusts 1 package
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet. In a large bowl, combine the chicken and next 7 ingredients.
- Unroll 1 piecrust onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 15-inch circle. Cut out rounds, using a 3-inch cookie cutter. Re-roll dough as needed. Repeat procedure with remaining pie crusts.
- Arrange 1 round on a clean, flat surface. Lightly brush the edges of crust with water. Place 1 heaping teaspoon of chicken mixture in the center of the round. Fold the dough over the filling, pressing the edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with the remaining rounds and chicken mixture. (Up to this point, the recipe can be made ahead and frozen for up to 1 month).
- Arrange empanadas on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.