Chicken Fingers with Honey Sauce Recipe
By July 29, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 11 mins
- Ready In: 26 mins
Servings Per Recipe 4, Calories 240, Protein (gm) 23, Carbohydrate (gm) 33, Fat, total (gm) 2, Cholesterol (mg) 49, Vitamin A (RE) 10, Vitamin C (mg) 1, Sodium (mg) 269, Calcium (DV %) 20, Iron (DV %) 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- 12 ounces chicken breasts boneless, skinless (could use chicken tenders)
- 2 egg whites beaten
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups cornflakes cereal crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard or Dijon-style mustard
- Cut chicken into strips about 3 inches long and 3/4 inch wide.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the egg whites and the 1 tablespoon honey. In a shallow bowl combine the cornflake crumbs and pepper. Dip chicken strips into the egg white mixture, then roll in the crumb mixture to coat.
- Place in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake chicken in a 450 degree F oven for 11 to 13 minutes or until no longer pink.
- For the sauce (optional), in a small bowl stir together the 1/4 cup honey, the mustard, and garlic powder. Serve with chicken.