Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert Recipe
By July 29, 2012Published:
- Yield: 12 squares (12 Servings)
Nutritional Information Amount per serving Calories: 163 Calories from fat: 0.0% Fat: 5.8g Saturated fat: 3g Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g Protein: 2.5g Carbohydrate: 26.7g Fiber: 0.4g Cholesterol: 5.4mg Iron: 0.2mg Sodium: 90mg Calcium: 10mg
- 2 tablespoons brewed coffee
- 1 ounce sugar-free milk chocolate bar
- 8 ounces frozen fat-free whipped topping 1 container
- 14 (0.3 ounce) sugar-free fudge-dipped wafers (such as Murray) chopped and divided
- 6 (2.3 ounce) reduced-fat, no-sugar-added ice cream sandwiches
- Combine coffee and chocolate bar in a microwave-safe dish; microwave at LOW 1 minute or until chocolate melts, stirring once. (Even if the chocolate does not appear to be completely melted, remove the mixture from the microwave oven and stir until the chocolate melts. The chocolate might burn if it is heated much longer than 1 minute.)
- Spoon whipped topping into a bowl, and fold chocolate mixture into whipped topping. Stir in half of chopped wafer bars.
- Arrange ice cream sandwiches in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Spread whipped topping mixture evenly over ice cream sandwiches. Sprinkle with remaining chopped wafer bars. Cover and freeze at least 2 hours or until firm. Cut into squares.
If your ice cream sandwiches don't fit evenly into the bottom of the dish, cut them into square or rectangular pieces that will fit.