Low Fat Italian-Style Chicken Recipe
By July 29, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
Per Serving: Calories 239, Calories from Fat 49, Total Fat 5.5g (sat 2.4g), Cholesterol 108mg, Sodium 275mg, Carbohydrate 4.1g, Fiber 0.6g, Protein 43.4g
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 cup no-salt-added marinara sauce (like Trader Joe's organic)
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Tear 4 sheets of foil wrap measuring 12" by 18". Place one chicken breast in the center of each foil sheet. Spoon one-fourth of the marinara sauce over each chicken piece, followed by cheese and basil. Bring up the sides of the foil and fold the top edge over twice. Seal the edges, leaving enough room for air to circulate inside.
- Place each packet on a large cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Unseal foil packets carefully, as the steam will be extremely hot.