Walnut and Rosemary Oven-Fried Chicken Recipe
By July 30, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 cutlets (4 Servings)
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 (6 ounce) chicken cutlets
- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/3 cup walnuts finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh rosemary minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- rosemary leaves optional
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine buttermilk and mustard in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk. Add chicken to buttermilk mixture, turning to coat.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add panko to pan; cook 3 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently. Combine panko, nuts, and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a shallow dish. Remove chicken from buttermilk mixture; discard buttermilk mixture. Dredge chicken in panko mixture.
- Arrange a wire rack on a large baking sheet; coat rack with cooking spray. Arrange chicken on rack; coat chicken with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 13 minutes or until chicken is done. Garnish with rosemary leaves, if desired.